Friday, February 10, 2006

Briefing

Started briefing today in NYC...Surprisingly little to cover, really. They don't have a lot of specifics. I get an office tour, a bit of meet-and-greet, some overview of MSF-NY policies and procedures (which by and large won't have anything to do with me as I'll be in the field). So far, so good. The tension and anxiety I was feeling yesterday (during the flight especially) seems to have subsided pretty much entirely, leaving me just sort of...anxiously excited!

The word from my HRM is that as I get closer to the project, I'll get more and more actual details about what I'll be doing and the context of the situation. For now, it's pretty broad-strokes and not actually anything about the mission itself. Which is OK.

Offices in New York are nice, right on 7th (Fashion) Ave, big offices, lots of staff (more than I expected...probably 60 people work here). They're close to the hotel which is not nearly as nice and a bit dingy.

New York is absolutely frigid right now and they're expecting snow this weekend (the news says "Severe Nor'Easter"), which makes me a bit nervous about the flight I'm supposed to be on tomorrow, but, hey! que sera, sera, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safely on this first leg of your trip. Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TAJ - WE'RE ALL REALLY PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Be safe...

Love TANIA