Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And so I go...

Well, my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 0615. I fly to Brussels, then switch carriers and fly straight from Brussels to Monrovia where (supposedly!) there will be an MSF driver there to pick me up.
Stress level is pretty high but quite acceptable.
It's been quite remarkable for me the last few days that even though I haven't received much information on what/where/who/why/how my stress level has been much more manageable. I credit this to being in the MSF office where I've been surrounded by folks with similar mind-sets and moral values. In addition, they've all been through what I'm going through - at some point, everyone (with very few exceptions) in the MSF office in A'dam has been a first missioner. So, it can't be that bad, right?
I've got an awful lot to write about, but not so much time and I have to be up at 0400 tomorrow. As such I'll probably try to wait and see if I can get to it when I get some down-time in the field.
Ciao, all, see you in nine months!

No comments: