Sunday, March 19, 2006

...

Me:"W, does this part of town have a name?"
W:"[yes]. I used to live here. I had a house, you can just see it
there. (points). Down the hillside, there."
Me:"You moved?"
W:"This part of town, during the third war, was no-man's land. From
there (points) to the bridge, you could not walk, you could not go. No
man's land. The governement had snipers on those two buildings there.
The rebels was across the bridge. Anyone going across, pop, they shoot
you, you die there on the bridge. Pop, pop."
Me:"so you moved, it was too close to no man's land?"
W:"No, no, that was ok. Just don't go into no-man's land!" *laughs*
"No, one day, the well there (points), it dries up. You need the well,
you need the water! Can't live there no water. So we cleaned it up. It
was dirty. We cleaned it up, when we clean, we find seven human
skulls. Seven skulls. Seven human skulls in the well. That night, I
can't sleep, I'm crying all night, no sleep. All I think about is
those seven people, skulls in the well, crying. I can't live there
anymore, near that well."

No comments: