Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another ident, please


There are lots of neat birds here, unfortunately they're often juuuuust out of range of my non-telephoto lens, and then they like to sit in the shade. Which is fair, I suppose, as I like to sit in the shade myself.
In any case, as a result I had to push the exposure on this shot up pretty far after the fact to make out the color, and it's nowhere near as brilliant as it is in person. It's a bright blood red rump and breast - quite striking. And the beak is actually white, that's not glare.
So...what bird?
(it also hates to sit still...I've seen the bloody thing a half dozen times, now, but by the time I get my camera raised, it's gone! I can't understand why anyone would want to try to take pictures of birds for a living - talk about frustrating!)

No comments: